It is a well known fact that people who win or get large sums of money out of the blue almost always lose it. No matter the reason one loses that money it’s really due some basic principles that every one of us could use.
We could use it when we get a raise, make a huge sale, achieve a long sought goal or just when we find some extra money.
The habits of people who keep their money and grow it come about through a process of education. I don’t mean traditional education. What I mean is the education that comes with accessing your inner CEO. This is the CEO who is certain about the goal and knows the results they would like to occur. It is the education that comes from making mistakes and taking risks.
It is necessary to get clear on what you want, how you want to move ahead, not going after every shiny object in their path, listening to their true inner guidance.
Here are the habits that each winner needs to learn – fast:
- Discernment – learn to think for yourself and recognize that you are the sum total of your thoughts and experiences.
- Truth – Start telling yourself the truth about every little and big thing and take responsibility for everything you can.
- Give half of it to 10 charities – This giving back is paramount to negate any bad decisions that you might make and to give you good karma points for the future.
- Live within the means that you already established before the windfall
- Exercise and eat light and right – yes I did say exercise and eat light. The reason for this is that your body and mind need to rise to a new frequency to handle all the tasks that you are now responsible for with respect to this gift.
- Call the top 5 most successful women CEO’s – The reason I say this is that women have been working hard and long to rise to the top and they will tell you about money, health, truth and all the various distractions to overcome. They will give you the time of day and will likely share some the lessons they’ve learned along the path to success.
- Take one year and gain self discipline – This comes from my experience of losing my husband early in life. One of the best pieces of advice I got was do not make hasty decisions and wait one year until you move, change jobs or big choices. The year gives you a lot of adjusting time and will help you gain the wisdom you need to go the long road keeping your sanity and money.
For more on how to stay clear, sane and get some inner quiet click here.
Sheevaun Moran is an author, transformation expert, keynote speaker working with CEO's, entrepreneurs to help them achieve clarity, simplicity and profits. You can find her at http://sheevaunmoran.com